Thank you to Sharon at The Lazy Womans Garden for this nomination!
I'm new to awards, so luckily Sharon explained that to accept this award I must mention 7 things about myself and also nominate 15 other bloggers.
Ready? Here we go:
1. I am very CRAFTY, not in the sneaky, lying way, but in the hot-glue-gun, making something out of nothing way. I will paint anything that stays still long enough for me to paint it!
On the left: my daughter's candy cane nails.
On the right: my spice jars.
I need to buy more garlic & thyme!
Of course most of the things I paint are... Flowers!
These smiling daisies hang above the door in my kitchen.
Below is a panel of faux stained glass for the foyer of our house.
2. My favourite holiday is Halloween. When I have the time and a coven of 13 willing friends I like to throw a good, old-fashioned, fortune-telling, pointy black hat and broom, "Witches Only" party.
3. Tying in with my fascination for Halloween and being an author, I also love Murder Mystery parties. I am currently re-writing one for my daughter and her friends. It's so much fun doing costumes and makeup so they can really get into the character they will be playing.
This picture is from one of the first parties we did, (all girls playing 4 guys, 4 girls) my daughter is back row, left, playing a tech-loving playboy.
4. I have 2 indoor cats, who have suddenly fallen out of love with each other after 8 years together. We don't know what happened (but suspect dementia) and now have to keep them physically apart at all times.
Welcome to the craziness that is our house.
The one outside the newly bought dog crate is the one who "snapped" and the one in the crate is very happy with his new, SAFE, home. Luckily we have a 3-floor house and can let them run around separate from each other.
5. I live in Montreal, Quebec, where we have 4 distinct seasons, scorching hot summers, tons of snow in winter. I love them all and wouldn't part with any one of our seasons despite the many gardening challenges.
6. I must go outside every single day. It's my daily dose of inspiration.
7. My dream would be to own an entire mountain (preferably with a creek.)
My house would be situated at the very top!
Here are some of the blogs I follow!
I feel so lucky to have the chance to visit, chat with and get to know each of these fabulous bloggers:
1. Ash Houris in the Garden
2. Lucja-Maria Szkielkiem, okiem i sercem
3. Nadezda Nadezda's Northern Garden
4. Bangchik and Kakdah My Little Vegetable Garden
5. Tammy I Heart Florida Birds
6. Rohrerbot Las Aventuras
7. Rosemary Where Five Valleys Meet
9. Silvina Soave Silvina Soave
10. Digi-Irma Irma's Natuurbeleving
11. Lee May Lee May's Gardening Life
12. Joop Zand Joopzandfotografie
13. Jill Chillin' With Jill
14. Anna Foto Anna Photography
15. Foxglove Lane Foxglove Lane